Main page content
Rider No. 5 to the Available University Fund Appropriation
a. The University of Texas System Board of Regents and the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents shall report to the Legislature and the Governor no later than December 1 of each year the uses of the Available University Fund (AUF) for each system component and for the system office operations for the two previous years, the current year, and two future years (projected). Each report shall contain detailed information on the following:
(1) debt service allocations, by component;
(2) bond proceeds allocations, by component;
(3) excellence allocations, by component or system office, and their purposes;
(4) Available University Fund income, interest, beginning-and-end-of-year balances; and
(5) the rationale used by the respective boards to distribute AUF funds.
b. In addition, by December 1 of each year, authorized managers of permanent funds and endowments whose earnings are appropriated above shall submit an annual financial report which shall include, at a minimum, an income statement and balance sheet and a summary of the investment return of the fund during the preceding fiscal year. The annual financial report shall also contain:
- a summary of all gains, losses and income from investments and an itemized list of all securities held for the fund on August 31;
- any other information needed by the Governor or the Legislative Budget Board to clearly indicate the nature and extent of investments made of the fund and all income realized from the components of the fund.
The annual financial report shall be distributed to the Governor and Legislative Budget Board by December 1 of each year of the biennium.”