UT System Offices
Save the Dates: Thursday, September 29th & Friday, September 30th,
for the UT System 22nd Annual Legal Conference,
at The University of Texas System Building in Austin.
The Office of General Counsel manages the legal affairs of the UT System, helps its eight academic and five health institutions perform their core missions within the law, and provides legal services that help its clients react with agility to opportunities and risks.
The Office of General Counsel is divided into five sections, as well as specialty area subsections:
- Business Law, with specialty areas in:
- Claims and Financial Litigation
- General Law
- Health Law, including oversight of:
- The University of Texas System Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Annual Reports of the Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Guidelines: Defense Counsel (UT Authentication required)
- Handbook of the Professional Medical Liability Benefit Plan
- Risk Management Education required for all physicians covered by the Plan
- Real Estate