The U. T. System Office of Information Security exists to accomplish the following tasks*:
Enable the business of U. T. System: education, research, healthcare
Protect the business of U. T. System: critical information resources, systems, and infrastructure
Promote a positive information security culture: positive awareness, attitude, and behavior of all employees
The U.T. System Office of Information Security provides guidance and support to The University of Texas System's eight academic and six health institutions, U.T. System Administration, and UTIMCO in their efforts to establish and maintain information security programs that:
- effectively reduce risk and secure the information assets under its stewardship against unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, damage or loss;
- are documented and verifiable; and
- meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Institution Information Security Websites
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (internal only)
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (internal only)
- UT Health Science Center at Tyler
* Adapted from Principles for Information Security Practitioners © 2010 Information Security Forum Limited.